6.12.2008

...day six

Avoca Handweavers / Blarney Castle

Once again we loaded up on the bus after breakfast and headed out on a daily adventure. Today was a trip to the Avoca Textile Mill and Blarney Castle. The Avoca Handweavers Mill was so interesting. It's the oldest of its kind in Ireland, and the quality of their creations is phenomenal! I left that place quite a bit poorer! Ha!





















We also trekked up the many spiral steps of Blarney Castle in order to kiss the famed stone. Unfortunately, the battery in my camera decided to die just as we walked up to the castle. So my pictures are limited to that. No stunning views from the top of the castle or the interior, but some great memories of being man-handled while I contorted my body to kiss the Blarney Stone. HA!








No comments: